Hey everyone welcome back for another easy, delicious and macro friendly meal prep recipe! This one is for those of you who love stir fry, but might be looking for a healthier version. I am a huge fan of finding ways to make meals that take less than 20 minutes start to finish, so I can pack up my meal prep containers and get out of the kitchen on the weekend to enjoy other things. This recipe for organic grass fed ground beef with a medley of fresh, tasty vegetables is a great combination for your meal prepping routine. I make this at least two times a week and sometimes for dinner when I am pressed for time after work. It’s one of my favorite go-to high protein, low carb recipes.
- 1-2 packets or organic, grass fed ground beef
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 green pepper
- 1 can of organic bean sprouts
- 1 can of water chestnuts
- 1/2 diced sweet onion
- coconut oil spray
- Everything But the Bagel Trader Joe’s Seasoning
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
I wrote in a previous blog post about how I am using the new Amazon Fresh grocery delivery service and have been loving it! I got all of the items for this recipe from this web-to-door program and they also offer the first month free to test it out.
- Heat up a large skillet and use a generous amount of coconut oil spray on medium heat
- Add the beef first and let that cook all the way, until the meat is no longer pink
- Start to add in the bean sprouts, then the peppers, water chestnuts and onion
- Add a few shakes of the Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning blend (this stuff is amazing on any recipe!)
- Then add a generous amount of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (this stuff tastes like soy sauce and is loaded with good for you amino acids)
- Cover with the lid and let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, but not mushy
- Serve and enjoy!
Meal Prep Tips:
- The reason I love organic grass fed beef is because it has a lot of flavor. I purchased this particular brand at ShopRite and it was really reasonably priced (I think $7 or $8 a package). If you are following a ketogenic diet you don’t have to go with the leanest meat, and usually the less lean it is the less expensive as well. This one was 85% lean
- I like to use the grass fed beef packages because I can easily divide this recipe into 4 small meal prep containers and have a good sense of the macros. Each of these containers has 1 serving of the beef; 240 calories and 21 grams of protein
- Liquid Aminos is my favorite thing to cook with – I literally put it on everything! It’s great to make boring vegetables taste amazing.
- Add tons of vegetables that you enjoy so that you can fill up on good-for-you nutrition and fiber (which helps to keep you full longer). I love veggies, so you can make this a few times, with a variety of vegetables and it will always taste a little different
- You can also add some mozzarella cheese on top and melt it which tastes amazing!
Why I Love This Recipe:
For quick meal prepped lunches, or a fast dinner after a long day this recipe is a great option. You don’t need to add rice or carbs to make this taste good, just add tons of vegetables that you enjoy. I also love to add cauliflower, sugar snap peas, broccoli, zucchini and the list can go on and on. The Liquid Aminos is the secret sauce – literally! Make sure to buy it if you haven’t tried it yet, you won’t regret it!
What are some of your favorite ways to make a healthy stir fry?
Connect with me on social media: