A lot of people are talking more and more about “healthy bacteria” and when they say this they mean probiotics. Many years ago when I visited my general practice doctor about some issues I was having with stomach cramps, which turned out to be a case of stress induced IBS, he recommended adding a probiotic to my daily supplement routine. He already knew I was taking lots of vitamins and supplements (because I am a firm believer in them) but I hadn’t really gotten into taking a daily probiotic. Fast forward to today and I can’t imagine NOT taking one. There are a lot of great health benefits to probiotics and they are a staple in my daily regiment.
Recently the folks at Lovebug Probiotics sent me three of their new supplements to try. It was the perfect time since I had run out of my normal probiotics and was about to go buy some more. I was eager to see what was different about their line of supplements and who doesn’t like testing out new products?!
What are probiotics?
Probiotics are the “good” bacteria that live naturally in your intestines. They support your immune system, mental development, digestion, skin and hair health and basically keep everything in your body running smoothly.
Your body is full of bacteria. More than 100 trillion both good and bad. (crazy I know!) Unfortunately due to the chemicals we are exposed to everyday and the overuse of antibiotics many of us have an overpopulation of “bad” bacteria in our bodies that can actually cause illness and sickness. “Good” bacteria can’t survive or do enough to help in this type of environment, which is why it is so important to add probiotics to your daily routine. They help to restore the balance of good and bad bacteria.
DO I NEED PROBIOTICS?
The short answer is YES! And here’s why:
- Many of us have lost essential good bacteria in our microbiome just from the way we live and eat in our daily lives.
- When we consume meat, dairy and fish, we are exposed to the toxins, hormones, antibiotics, and other chemicals that those animals absorbed before they got to our plate.
- Additionally, the administration of antibiotics to nursing mothers and to children under the age of 3 severely alter our microbiome as it is still being formed. So, right from the start you’re losing essential bacteria needed to protect your health.
- Conventional foods that are genetically modified are exposed to tons of pesticides and herbicides that can further impact the amount of good bacteria in our guts.
- Having good bacteria in your gut helps avoid bad bacteria from growing.
- Even tap water often has chlorine in it to kill off the bad bacteria in our water supply, but guess what it can do to the good bacteria in our guts.
What makes Lovebug Probiotics Different?
Many probiotics on the market are made with a standard capsule or shell. When swallowed only 4% of standard capsules are able to withstand past our stomach’s acid barrier. This means the good bacteria never has a chance to get to where it needs to go to help. Lovebug Probiotics do not use a capsule shell, instead they mastered a patented Bio-tract delivery technology that consistently delivers 15 times more live cultures to the gut than standard capsules. Around 60% vs 4% of standard capsules. If you are going to spend all that money to do something good for your health, you might as well take something you can ensure gets to where it needs to go to help your body.
They are also:
- Non GMO
- Gluten Free
- Yeast Free
- Sugar Free
- Lactose Free
- Preservative Free
- No artificial colors or flavors
- packaged with organic cotton
- made in the USA
There are 3 different types of probiotics they sent to me to try: Yeast is a Beast (women’s health), Here’s the Skinny (Digestive Health) and Colds Suck (Immunity Boost). I started to take the Here’s the Skinny and take that every morning with my breakfast and do 1 capsule a day. It does not irritate my stomach and is easy to swallow as well.
The company is also proudly women owned and their packaging is really cute. I would highly recommend adding a probiotic to your diet and I’ve been taking one for almost six years now. If you have any questions about the Lovebug products or probiotics in general feel free to comment them down below.
Connect with me on social media: